Chances are you’ve had one of these frozen dessert cream pies before. They are such classics, easy to make and extremely versatile. I’ve used this same basic recipe to make frozen grasshopper pie, butterfinger pie and ton of other quick, no-bake frozen pies.
Lately though, I’ve been all about Reese’s so we’re gonna be making a Frozen Reese’s Pie! We call this “cookout pie” because it never fails for someone to bring one of these babies to a cookout. It’s a real crowd-pleaser. I think it’s actually called a candy bar pie since you can use your favorite crushed candy bars or a variety of candy bars as the topping.
This frozen Reese’s pie is for true chocolate peanut butter lovers. It’s rich, creamy and packs a lot of chocolately-peanut buttery flavor. The texture is like ice cream and frozen cheesecake. A little slice goes a long way.
I make these frozen pies a lot in the summer time when I want a cold desert without having to turn on the oven.
NOTE* In my video I didn’t have time to let it freeze overnight, only for about 4 hours and it resulted in a slighty firm & creamy texture that we actually really liked. So if you’re going for a really firm texture freeze overnight but if you’re going for the texture in the video freeze for about 4 hours.
Watch me make this Frozen Reese’s Pie from start to finish!
- 26 Oreo cookies
- ¼-1/2 cup butter, melted (I used ½ cup)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped Reese's candy
- Chopped Reese's
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Place Oreos into a food processor and process until fine crumbs.
- Add to a bowl and stir in melted butter until mixture resembles large crumbs. (I used ½ a cup so it had a dough-like texture)
- Spray a deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and press the crumb mixture evenly into the pie dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to set the crust.
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Fold in Cool Whip and chopped Reeses.
- Pour mixture into frozen pie crust.
- Cover tightly & freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Add topping ingredients, let chocolate drizzle set if using, and then cover tightly and freeze overnight or until completely set.
- Let sit out for a few minute before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Freeze overnight for best results.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving to soften up if needed.
Use a deep dish pie plate.