It’s been years since I’ve had this particular no bake cheesecake. I was trying to explain it to my hubby one day and he had no idea what I was talking about. He’s only had the kind of cheesecake that was baked or the fluffy kind with cool whip. I was so excited to introduce him to this baby. Needless to say he loved it and told me to make it again.
Growing up, my grandmother use to make these no-baked cheesecakes for Sunday dinners when she was pressed for time. She’d usually just crack open a can of cherries or blueberries for the topping and dessert was ready.
She eventually starting selling these cheesecakes to make some extra money around the holiday time. They were a huge hit. Everybody loved them and wanted them for special occasions. If only folks knew how easy they were to make!
It’s hard to believe that this no bake cheesecake comes together with just 4 simple ingredients. It’s rich, creamy, sweet and tart. The perfect end to dinner or when you just need a yummy pick-me-up after a crazy day at work.
Watch me make this Easy No Bake Cheesecake from start to finish!
- 2 (8 oz) packs cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (Update: I now use 2 Tablespoons. See note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared pie crust (cookie crust)
- Topping (fresh fruits, canned cherries, etc)
- Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Add topping when ready to serve.
Use any kind of toppings you'd like (canned cherries or blueberries, fresh fruits, nuts or just enjoy it plain!
After making this cheesecake for many years, the last two times I've made it the cheesecake did not firm up. What's up with that? Well my grandmother told me to use only 2-4 Tablespoons of lemon juice. She said sometimes if there is too much lemon juice it can react badly with the rest of the ingredients if something is wrong with one of the other ingredients (old condensed milk, over softened cream cheese, etc.) I've never heard of this before in my life but I figured it must be the other ingredients since all of a sudden this recipe stopped working for me. I cut down on the lemon juice to 2 tablespoons and it's been coming out perfect! Just thought I'd share in case this recipe starts acting funny on ya!