I’m not a big fan of frostings. Most of them are just waaay to sweet and completely overpower whatever you put it on. However I LOVVVVE this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe.
This frosting is sweet but not overly sweet. I can eat a spoonful without gagging. It’s quick, easy, fluffy, creamy and spreads with ease! I love that I can still taste the cream cheese in this recipe. Once you’ve made this frosting, you’ll realize what an insult store bought cream cheese frostings are.
Nothing can take the place of a frosting made with real butter baby!!! I use this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe for my red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, ice cream cakes, chocolate cakes and whatever else tastes good with a cream cheese frosting.
|Easy, Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting|
- 2 (8 oz) packs cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup milk, made need more
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Add softened cream cheese into large bowl.
- Pour in milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour in half of the powdered sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the side of the bowl if needed.