“Hot, gooey, soft and chewy oven baked s’mores bars recipe. Easy to make and downright delicious! All the taste of campfire s’mores without bugs!”
This past week has been stressful! We were still in limbo with our living situation and whether or not we wanted to build, buy, rent or just relocate to a new city period! We thought we had it all figured out and actually put in an offer on a beautiful new house last week (which was accepted) only to do some soul searching and realized we weren’t ready to be tied down to such a high mortgage and an HOA.
I’m a homebody and I like to feel settled…and decorate and all those homey things. That just hasn’t been the case for the past year with all this moving and undecisiveness. I was about ready to say screw everything, let’s just move to the beach or the mountains because if mama aint happy aint no- Sweet mother of God look at that hot sexy marshmallowy chocolate goodness down there!!!
Chocolate has a way of making it all better and these oven baked S’mores gave me life this weekend! My inlaws have been camping all week and they invited us over. Whew talk about a much needed break from “stuff”. My mother use to always tell me “if you’re stressed out about a decision just go out and spend a day in nature and by the end of the day you’ll have your answer.” I love being outside in the Fall time and it was so nice to just be outdoors with the fam doing and thinking about …NOTHING!
One of my favorite things about camping is hands down S’MORES!! I love s’mores, hence these s’mores cupcakes and s’mores popcorn balls! This time of year is all about bonfires and s’mores MUST be on the menu. Unfortunately the night we were going to make s’mores, it rained! Sucks but that didn’t stop me from getting my s’mores fix.
Isaac and I cranked up the oven and had these better-than-campfire oven baked s’mores right at home. These oven baked s’mores are amazing! The graham cracker cookie layer is soft and chewy, almost like a blondie meets graham cracker. And you already know what a power couple marshmallows and chocolate are. These were nothing short of amazing! So soft, chewy, and messy just like a s’more should be!
NOTE: If you need these babies to cut neatly let it set completely so that the chocolate hardens. You can also pop it in the fridge to firm up the chocolate and marshmallow fluff to create beautiful cuts that shows the layers. I think these oven baked s’mores taste best hot though.
I really hate to say I like them better than s’mores made on a bonfire because that is such a classic dessert but….I do. I really do. Sorry….and I have a feeling you will too. The crunchy campfire smores with toasted marshmallows are great don’t get me wrong, but this recipe takes them to a new, yet familar territory.
So choose a rainy day, set up a tent inside, make these oven baked smokes bars with your favorite little people. And simply enjoy the memories that s’mores are so good at creating for reason. Oh and p.s the day out in nature really did grant us an answer. We finally decided to build! Case closed…for now : ) Oh what unforeseen adventures lie ahead! Either way, I’m taking you guys with me. Stay tuned…..
Watch me make these oven baked s’mores from start to finish!!!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream fluff
- 21 snack-size hershey bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 x8 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and graham cracker crumbs.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Use a rubber spatula and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into two equal sized balls.
- Press one ball of dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Place the hershey bars in a single layer on top of the dough.
- Use an offset spatula to spread on the marshmallow fluff in an even layer.
- Press the remaining dough into small, flat circles and place them on top of the marshmallow, pressing together the seams so that it is one uniform piece.
- Baked for 30 minutes or until golden. (may need less time so keep an eye on it)
- Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.