It’s almost here, it’s almost here!! AUTUMN!!!
Yeah, I’m that fall fanatic that pulls out the sweaters and scarves when that first leaf drops. I’m sure if you’ve been following my blog for a while you already know this already, huh?
Fall is like my Christmas so forgive me if I mention it in every other post until fall actually hits. One of the things that I love about fall is how it gracefully ushers in its addicting flavors of all things pumpkin & apple.
Not to mention all the cozy, cheesy, and hearty foods that we naturally crave during this time of year.
This weather has been teasing me with hints of crisp fall mornings and I’ve been taking full advantage. For the past few days, I’ve been waking up early and (wait for it) … exercising outdoors! Yes. Me. Waking up early and exercising.
Can you believe it? The two things that I loathe, I’ve actually been excited to do! There is something invigorating about going for walks on crisp fall-like mornings.
Have you ever tried it? I’m pretty sure this pumpkin pie breakfast smoothie has a little to do with my ambition though. Doesn’t it just scream fall with its rustic orange color? And it smells heavenly of cinnamon and pumpkin. It’s the perfect, creamy, quick and easy breakfast after an energizing Autumn walk.
3 Reasons Why I Love This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1. Besides tasting like a milkshake, it keeps me full which is no easy task let me tell ya! It contains wholesome milk (fun fact: did you know that milk contains only 3 ingredients: milk, vitamin D, and Vitamin A), potassium from the banana and pumpkin, calcium from yogurt and fiber from the oats!
2.It’s versatile! I’ve changed this pumpkin pie breakfast smoothie up several times by replacing the vanilla yogurt with coconut yogurt or even chocolate yogurt! On days when I want a bit more protein after a crazy workout, I’ve even replaced the yogurt with low-fat cottage cheese. That’s one of the things that I love about dairy, there are so many different options to suit your needs and taste buds!
3. It’s easy, with simple ingredients. It’s super easy to just throw these ingredients into a blender. You can use low-fat milk or even lactose-free milk if needed. Also, to make prep even easier, you can freeze the pumpkin puree in ice cube trays or make smoothie freezer packets so that all I have to do is add milk!
Wanna power pack this pumpkin pie breakfast smoothie even more? Try adding one of the following!
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ -1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large banana (about 1 cup, preferably frozen)
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust spices and sweeten if desired.
I hope you guys enjoy this creamy pumpkin pie breakfast smoothie as much as I do. Let it get you in the mood for all of the comforting Fall recipes I’ve got coming!!
This post is created with America’s Dairy Farm Families and Importers, in partnership with the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. However, the views and opinions included are my own.