Spicy Chunky White Chicken Chili
This chicken chili is adapted from her recipe and makes one BANGIN pot of white chicken chili. Everyone has their preference on the consistency of chili. Some like it soupy and some like it chunky. I prefer the latter but if you like a more soupy white chicken chili them simply add more chicken broth to the recipe.
This white chicken chili recipe is so hearty and the PERFECT chili to serve on a cold day when you’re not in the mood for a heavy traditional style chili. It has that spicy kick, juicy chunks of chicken, flavorful onions, celery, garlic & cheese! You really can’t go wrong with this stuff! Even bean haters tend to tolerate this chili.
Pair this bad boy up with some cornbread or crusty, buttered french bread and you got something going on!!!
- 1 lb. of chicken (about 3-4 breasts), cubed
- 3-4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 7 oz can of chopped green chiles
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 (16 oz cans) Great Northern beans (undrained)
- 3-5 cups of chicken broth (depending on the consistency you prefer)
- 3 cups of Monterey jack cheese
- In a large stock pot, melt 3-4 Tablespoons of butter. Add in cubed chicken and cook over medium heat just until the outside is white.
- Add in chopped onions & celery. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until very tender.
- Add in the garlic, green chiles, cumin, paprika, oregano & cayenne. Stir until well combined. Sauté for about 2 minutes
- Add in the beans and chicken broth (add in enough broth to reach the consistency you prefer. I added in 4 cups)
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Taste the broth and add in salt & pepper (if needed)
- Ladle into a bowl and sprinkle on a lil more cheese.