- Center will be jiggly but will firm as it cools.
- Some time in the fridge will help it set faster.
- Be careful not to burn the pecans when toasting!
If you like pecan pie, chances are you will love chocolate pecan pie! I know I do and I’m not really a huge pecan pie fan. My husband on the other hand loves pecan pie in any form and he really enjoyed this chocolate version.
(Oh and correction in the video, I broke my hubby’s ipod not his iphone. Good Lord he’d stroke out if I did that. I never told him I broke it though, I’m going to replace it since his birthday is next week. If you read this honey I’m sorry, but you shouldn’t be reading this because you said you would stop stalking my blog so if you are reading this that means you lied. I got my eye on you!)
The texture is a bit “fudgier” than regular pecan pie. Since pecan pie has that slight caramel taste the chocolate goes soooo well with it. Oh and you HAVE to use this butter pie crust recipe because it’s just makes it taste so divine!
Buttery Pie Crust Video Recipe
As I posted on my facebook fanpage, I had two slices in 1 hour. I was so ashamed. I don’t even want to know how many calories I consumed. I just couldn’t stop y’all. I’ve noticed I’ve been saying this a lot. Perhaps I should seek some kind of treatment.
Watch me make this chocolate pecan pie from start to finish!
- Prepare pie crust (see post)
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten until uniform in color
- 1 cup toasted pecans, can add more (see video)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine light corn syrup, dark corn syrup, white sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well to combine.
- Mix flour into the melted butter until flour has dissolved.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in unsweetened cocoa
- Stir in beaten eggs until combine.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Cover the top with toasted pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool until set.
- Serve and enjoy.