I love all things cheesecakes and cream pies. These recipes almost always require a cookie pie crust, mostly graham cracker pie crust. Yes, you can just buy the pre-made cookie pie crusts from the store but why do that when homemade cookie pie crust are so easy to make and will make your pies taste so divine and much fresher.
This no-bake cookie pie crust recipe can be made with any type of crunchy cookie like oreos, graham crackers, shortbread, gingersnaps, chocolate chip cookies etc. One of the reasons I love making my own cookie pie crusts is that I can really change up my recipes by trying different crusts. I can’t tell you the last time I used graham crackers for a cheesecake. There are just so many cookies out there that makes a much better piecrust, like Nilla wafers! Yum!
My current summer favorite is lemon cheesecake with a shortbread cookie crust. I put lemon zest in the shortbread crumbs. Omg so yummy!! Try it!
This no-baked cookie pie crust recipe is super simple. Once you make it the first time you’ll probably never forget it. Just think of 1, 2, 3 – 1 stick of butter, 2 cups of cookie crumbs and 1/3 cup of sugar. Of course you can adjust these measurements. I sometimes add less sugar if the cookies I’m using are super sweet and decrease the butter if the cookie is on the softer side.
- 2 cups fine cookie crumbs (I used Nilla Wafers)
- 1 stick of butter, melted (may need more or less depending on cookie used)
- ⅓ cup od sugar (can use less)
- Place all ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir together with a fork until large crumbs appear.
- Carefully, press evenly into a deep dish pie crust.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Pie crust is now ready for a filling of your choice.